Are you looking to make an immediate impact where you can help our clients solve their business challenges? Deloitte's Core Business Operations (CBO) portfolio operates at the center of our client's business. By joining our team, you could help C-suite and program leaders transform their organization and accelerate mission execution through emerging and disruptive technologies, innovative business models, retooled program operations and industry-driven solutions.
Work you'll do
* Build high quality software components to support projects within federal, local and state government
* Develop groundbreaking technologies which disrupts the legacy world
* Perform code reviews and utilize Test Driven Development to ensure a consistently high quality of the codebase
* Become a Subject Matter Expert in our products and solutions
* Marry old and new technologies
* Experience with deployment tools to package and deploy components
* Experience in both designing and developing platform components using Java Web Services, JWS/JAX, and Component Based Architectures
* Creating and consuming REST APIs, expertise in tools, techniques and frameworks like Hibernate, event-driven architecture, and service orchestration
* Database persistence framework experience using JDBC, JPA, JNDI and data source configuration
* Ability to effectively communicate issues with the client, team members, team leads and/or project management
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The Systems Engineering offering is comprised of experienced professionals who help guide clients through their most complex technology challenges. This can include the delivery of large scale software applications & integrated systems, the development of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integrations solutions, and the delivery of technology enablement to support CIO services transformation. Our Systems Engineering offering focuses on key client issues that impact the core business, provide operational value, drive down the cost of quality, and enhance technology innovation.
* Bachelor's degree required
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
* Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
* 2+ years of experience in software development
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose... defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.