Location: Ithaca, New York
NY FarmNet Family Consultant - Oneonta, New York
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
Leading at the intersection of people, business, and technology, the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business is one of the most comprehensive business schools in the nation and includes many areas of expertise not found in any other leading institution. The college is comprised of the university's three accredited business schools, each of which is recognized as among the best in higher education: the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management, and the Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration. Our academic research; industry and community engagement; and undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs all reflect the future of business: flexible, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. The college community includes 232 research faculty, 46,000 alumni, and nearly 3,300 undergraduate, professional, and graduate students. The SC Johnson College of Business has an unparalleled resource base from which to draw--within the college, Cornell Tech in New York City, and Cornell University broadly.
The New York FarmNet program with the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, is actively recruiting for NY FarmNet Family Consultants in Oneonta, New York.
New York FarmNet supports farm families and agricultural businesses by providing financial and personal consulting to improve the farm business and family communications.
Under the direct supervision of NY FarmNet staff, family consultants provide initial assessments to clients requesting support to assist in identifying problems within a farm family or agricultural business. Consultants also identify and prioritize solutions based on needs and assist clients with developing and enacting an "Action Plan." Consultants may also connect farm families with local agencies that can provide alternative solutions and decisions with challenging situations.
This is a part time fixed term position with the possibility of renewal. Flexible scheduling is available for this position.
* Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance are not provided for this position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining records of services provided to farm families
- Seek out and participate in professional development opportunities approved by NY FarmNet.
- Will be required to participate in three required in service training sessions per year
- Must be willing to partake in offered opportunities to provide program outreach such as hosting a booth at a farm show, making a brief program presentation at a local agency or business, or collaborating with agri-service providers on making a workshop presentation.
- An MSW, LCSW, Master's in counseling, or equivalent degree/certification
- Significant, successful experience working with clients on communications skills, interpersonal relationships, goal setting, and/or addiction, family, and mental health counseling
- Experience in agriculture or agribusiness is preferred but not required
- Proficient computer skills, including Zoom, Microsoft Word, Excel, and the ability to learn data entry into the FarmNet database
- Strong communication skills are critical for success in this position.
- A valid driver's license and ability to travel are required
For more information contact:
350 Warren Hall, Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853
We welcome all applications, and we want to select a candidate from a diverse applicant pool. This position is part of a commitment to diversifying our consultant team to reflect the changing culture of NYS agriculture.
University Job Title:
Temporary Extension Support - SP
Temporary Academic Support
No Grade - Hourly
Pay Rate Type:
Refer to Posting Language
Remote Option Availability:
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
Noted pay ranges reflect the potential pay opportunity for each job profile. The hiring rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
Prior relevant work or industry experience
Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position
Unique applicable skills
Academic Discipline (faculty pay ranges reflects 9-month annual salary)
Online Submission Guidelines:
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.